Friday, June 19, 2009

Sound asleep

These past few weeks Eli has been going through yet again another "phase". He would only sleep for maybe an hour during his one and only nap. And when it was time for him to go to sleep at night I would have to rock him until he was sound asleep. If I laid him down before he was asleep he would scream. I would try and let him cry it out. And that is exactly what he would do...cry and cry and cry and cry. I felt horrible. But today gave me hope. I know I am probably jinxing myself by celebrating too soon but Eli took a 45 min nap this morning and then a 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon and I just laid him in his crib for the night while he was what appeared to be wide awake thinking here we go again but he didn't make a sound and is now fast asleep. Oh I hope this is a new "phase!"

This was from earlier this week when I took Eli with me for a run. And yes it was one of his only naps that day

1 comment:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

I'm feeling the sleeping kids pain (or lack thereof!) ... as Benjamin is not wanting to go to bed ... and as much as I love to hold Micah and rock him to sleep ... I'm hoping tonight that even though he was awake when I put him down ... all will be quiet until at least 2 am! I guess they'll only be little once though - but I do enjoy their sleeping times!