Monday, March 30, 2009

Why??

Why is that in life once you think, "hey I can handle this" things change. This time it is Eli and his sleeping. I am not sure if it was going to Utah and the time difference, daylight savings, Eli getting sick, me getting sick, or just a "stage" he is just not sleeping. He used to be such a good sleeper. Two LONG naps during the day and then would sleep at night from 7-7 occasionally waking up only to quickly eat and go right back to sleep. Oh how I would love to have those days back. Let's just say last night I stopped counting at 5 times of Eli waking up which all occured before 2 am. Tonight he went to bed at his usual 7 but has already woken up once...its going to be a long night. I know I am just going on and on about this but when you have tasted that sweet victory of your child sleeping through the night only to have go back to those sleepless nights and days, it can get to you.

2 comments:

kristi lee said...

It's tough. Hang in there. Maybe he's teething??? That's always my excuse.

Kristin said...

you can do it stephanie! I'm sorry you're not getting as much sleep as you used to. It'll come back. :) If it helps-he's absolutely adorable. :)