Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What a month...

These past few weeks have been nothing short of crazy. On March 7th we went out to Utah to visit Troy's family. It was nice to be able to get away and to be able to see everyone. While we were there we were able to eat at Cafe Rio, see some snow, have Daniel take some family pics and pictures of Eli, eat at Tucanos, attend the temple with Sean for his endowments, and have lots of fun with family and friends.
Cousins
Eli and Hunter
We got back home around 2:30 Saturday morning. Troy then had to be at the church at 7:30 am to ref youth basketball games all day. That afternoon Eli started to feel pretty warm and sure enough he had a fever. Monday I took him to the doctor ( which is pretty good when you think of it, at 7 1/2 months old he is just now getting sick for the first time) he had a minor ear infection and nasty cough. Nothing a week of antibiotics wouldn't fix. While we were there they weighed him...19.14 lbs. He really is such a good baby though. You could tell he didn't feel good but he would still be all smiles. Then on Wednesday I woke up with what I thought was nothing but come to find out I got that nasty stomach bug that always seems to be going around. After three days of not keeping even a sip of water down we decided it was time to go to the Emergency Room. Being a Friday night it was a pretty busy trauma night in the ER which meant we waited over 8 hours until we were seen, yes 8 it was extremely ridiculous!!! Let's just say it was by far the LONGEST night of my life, and probably Troy's too he was such a trooper through the whole ordeal. So after we finally got seen and two bags of fluids in my IV the doctor diagnosed me with a kidney infection and stomach virus. yeah for me! I am finally starting to feel back to normal. It is crazy how much you miss something as simple a drinking a glass of water when you can't. These past few days have made me even more grateful for family. My mom is the most selfless person I know and she proved that once again as she diligently took care of not only Eli but also me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you and Eli are feeling better. I can't believe you were so sick! I hope things get back to normal quickly.