Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fall Festivities

I love the fall! I love the traditions that come along with the change of seasons. Before I give my usual picture update a few weeks ago for Family Home Evening we were talking about Nephi building a boat.

Here is our conversation after telling Eli the story:

Me: “Eli who built the boat?”

Eli: “Noah” (We have had that lesson a few times)

Me: “Yes, but Nephi also built a boat.”

Eli: (very excited) “So they could race!”

You can’t help but laugh when you are around Eli. His new favorite thing is putting on costumes. Anything and everything he can find around the house is a costume. He then will stand in front of the mirror and pretend he is a super hero. He is always using his imagination.

IMG_4974

Last week we went to a pumpkin patch. It is a tradition I am really wanting to do each year. Eli had a lot of fun trying to find Allie a pumpkin just her size.

IMG_4995

Pumpkin Carving. Eli was decked out in his UGA cape.

IMG_5005

IMG_5014

This year Eli went as Mike Wasowski and Allie was Boo from Monster, Inc. I decided to make their costumes. It was definitely a trial and error process. I have never been much of a sewer but it was a lot of fun and I am still surprised that they didn’t fall apart by the time we were done trick-or-treating!

 

IMG_0004

Annual Kids Costume Picture

 

IMG_0018

Eli loved trick-or-treating!

DSCN7830

The cutest little “monster”

1 comment:

Hannah Ashmore said...

Way impressed with your sewing skills. Those costumes are super cool!